Reception Class Teacher
We are looking for a early years teacher with a strong vocational commitment to improving the life and chances of our youngest children with engaging and inspiring teaching. You would be responsible for teaching and learning in our small reception class (between 15 to 20 children).
The candidate we are looking for will:
- Have a good knowledge of the EYFS profile and an understanding of how young children learn best.
- Be enthusiastic, passionate, creative, disciplined and energetic.
- Be an excellent learner and pursue continuing development as a leader through a commitment to on- going professional development and appraisal.
- Demonstrate and believe in high expectations and aspirations for all learners at the school.
- Be committed to all children and play a full part in the life of our school and be willing to go the ‘extra mile’.
- Be aligned to and actively promote our values.
- Be fully committed to the school’s vision and support the Headteacher in achieving this.
- Have a clear understanding of expectations set for pupils’ progress
- Ideally be interested in leading the school in the following areas: science and ICT or the creative arts (music, art and drama).
We can offer:
- children with good attitudes and dispositions to learning, supported by positive parents.
- access to on-going professional development, training and appraisal.
- the chance to work as part of our friendly, professional and dedicated staff team; committed to high standards.
- a school passionate about the provision of an exciting, engaging and inspiring curriculum to motivate, enthuse and engage learners.
- being part of DASP: a renowned partnership of schools.
Salary: Main scale
We are committed to safeguarding the safety and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have Disclosure and Barring Service check (formally CRB) in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines. We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Winterbourne Valley CE VA First School is committed to equal opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 14th May 2018
Interviews will be held on: Friday 18th May 2018 9am – 2pm