Clerk to the Governing Body
Required from September 2021.
Winterbourne Valley CE VA First School are looking for an enthusiastic and efficient clerk. This is part time role, 2.25 hours per week or 10 hours per month. However, due to the nature of the role and variation in length of meetings throughout the year, the hours per week shown are indicative of a likely weekly average. The role would involve:
- Prepare agendas and paper and take and produce accurate minutes for 6 Full Governing Board meetings a year and required to clerk at sub-committee meetings during the day (usually Wednesday and Thursday afternoons). Our Full Governing Body meetings are currently held on Mondays at 7pm.
- Maintain and update the GVO (Governor’s Virtual Office) where all records and policies are kept.
- Communicating effectively to all governors.
- Attendance at the Governor Services Clerk briefings.
- Working with appropriate confidentiality.
In return, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a strong and dedicated team who have the best interests of the children attending Winterbourne Valley CE VA First School at the heart of all they do.
- Training to support you in the Clerk’s role, including a hand-over period with our current Clerk.
Closing date for application: Friday 9th July 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 20th July 2021
If you do not hear from us by Tuesday 20th July 2021 then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
8.75 hours per week
11.30am – 1.15pm, 5 days per week, Monday – Friday
Start Date: Thursday 2nd September
We are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisory Assistant to join our team.
The role includes setting up the kitchen with the delivered hot food, serving the children, supervising our children during the lunchtime period and keeping them safe, clearing away food boxes at the end of the lunchtime session.
Winterbourne Valley CE VA First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
Winterbourne Valley CE VA First School is committed to equal opportunities. The school values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021
The pro rata salary shown is based on the number of hours and weeks worked and paid annual leave entitlement for an employee under 5 years’ service.
This role is UK based and your Right to Work will need to be established as part of the appointment process.